The Kindling | 7.5.22
Your Words To My Eyeballs
Tomorrow, my friends, is my birthday. I don’t speak of my own birthday much, if ever, as I really never have enjoyed or cared much about it. Any day that shines a spotlight on me, is not really the best day…dammit Autism hahaha. That said, I’m 41 in just a few hours, and as such, I wanna ask a favor…well, two, but mostly one. Here goes…
First, write to me a list of advice, suggestions, tips, or hints, on how I can be a better version of myself going forward into this next year of my life, and those to come. What would make me more, more of all the good things, and less, less of all the bad? Be open, and be honest, from what you’ve learned. I want to improve, always, and maybe you can help?
Second, if you really wanna get me a birthday present (I hate birthday presents so this is a perfect way to compromise!) all I would ask for is, if you’re not already a part of this Signal Fire community (it’s $5/month, which ain’t bad!) that you join us, or if you are, that you gift a subscription to someone else. Obviously the money helps me feed my family, and keeps me doing this for all of you, but truly, the real reason I want you to join is simpler: I want this community to GROW! I want more answers to the writing prompts, I want more responses to the discussion threads, I want more people to feel like Family! So, if you’re keep, the buttons are below, and I would love ya (even more) forever.
Let’s do this thing, click the button, submit your response.
Happy birthday (tomorrow)!! Maybe this isn't an issue for you, but I've found that with each year that passes, I get better at creating boundaries around my time and energy, and doing so helps me become a better version of myself. I'm finally embracing the old adage: You can't fill someone else's cup if yours is empty. Wishing you so much love and light! I'm grateful for you and your words, all year long :)
Happy Almost Birthday! Well here's a few things I've learned through the years:
*mind your mind - it can create heaven or hell on earth
*protect your rest - the body-heart-mind need it every day
*keep an eye on your long game every day - it's easy to forget that health can wane, losses can happen, etc. Save money. Stock your home with simple pleasures, etc.
*70% rule - live your life at 70% capacity, "bank" the other 30% - of your money, energy, time, etc.
*figure out how to enjoy your birthday, LOL.
Thanks for being you!!